Old September 25th 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

On 9/24/2012 4:23 PM, Renny wrote:

Interesting that the Silent has more battery capacity than the LAK. I

wonder if the LAK can be modified to take the larger battery capacity.

Greg,
My LAK-17B FES does have two batteries with 14 cells...so it does have the following:

"2 x 14S LiPo, 20 kW continuous power"

The earlier installations had the 12 cell LiPo batteries, but it was upped to 14 cells for the newer 17B installations. Each battery is 58 volts, so when fully charged it starts off at 116 volts. FYI, I did write an article for Soaring on the LAK-17B FES and I am hopeful that it will be published soon.

Thx - Renny

Renny:

What type of climb rate, total climb, and range are you seeing?