Old February 28th 05, 05:33 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On 27 Feb 2005 21:01:35 -0800, "
wrote:

Ok, I see there is some confusion. Here is a link to the eclipse
aviation jet:
http://www.ainonline.com/issues/08_0...esseespg1.html

I am not a proponent of the eclipse plane because it is backed by Bill
Gates himself. If it flies anything like microsoft windows, I don't
want to be in it. Also, the FAA has no business being involved in
prototype development. The only result I see in the program is a cluge.

I am offering to build a prototype incorporating a similar propulsion
system except with a single engine. The wing and fuselage design will
be of my own. It will be efficient and unsophisticated.

ummm....why did you title this thread, "jet powered personal glider" if you
truly meant an aircraft that would compete head-to-head with the Eclipse? Any
pilot would know the difference between a business jet and a glider. It's hard
to have confidence in your design team when you have such a loose understanding
of fundamental aviation concepts. You said, "I have an electrical engineer and
a mechanical engineer and I myself am a geometrical designer." Any aeronautical
engineers on your design team? Any *pilots* on your design team?

If the answer is, "no" to all those questions, why should prospective investors
have any confidence in your team's ability to design a plane that can beat the
Eclipse? Especially given that the Eclipse team has a five-year head start?
What is your plan for 14 CFR Part 23 qualification?

How does your design compare to the Cessna Mustang?

Ron Wanttaja