Old February 27th 04, 04:59 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 02:33:55 GMT, Judah wrote:

Or am I mistaken in recalling
my instructor tell me that I can't fly direct to an intersection without
some sort of RNAV unless I am first tracking one of the airways that make
up the intersection.

You are probably not mistaken in your recollection of what your instructor
told you. However, it is likely that your instructor was not aware of the
various methods of navigating directly to a fix without RNAV and without
tracking one of the airways that define the intersection.

I believe USAF pilots are still taught to do this.