Old August 28th 04, 04:59 PM
Matt Whiting

Michael wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote

Well, I probably have a little advantage in this area as I've managed
fairly large engineering groups

As have I. In fact, that's what pays for the airplane. Nevertheless,
I learned that there are differences in how it's done in the office
and in the cockpit. Like I said - I had the same opinion of this you
did, until I started working on my ATP.

Michael

That's one reason I wrote earlier that I'll be curious to see if Mike R.
changes his opinion one that he's beginning his ATP. I doubt I'd change
mine. I don't care whether in sports, shooting, flying, motorcycling,
etc., I've always used the "train as you X, X as you train", with X
being whatever activity of interest to you. Since I fly single pilot
IFR, I'm not going to train or fly with a copilot who won't always be there.

Matt