Old February 5th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Default "Rolling" to ATC

Under what conditions, when playing with Microsoft Flight Simulator, if any,
would you explicitly tell ATC, when playing with Microsoft Flight Simulator
that you are rolling, when playing with Microsoft Flight Simulator, that is,
actually rolling on the runway for take-off, when playing with Microsoft
Flight Simulator?

I hear this used occasionally, when playing with Microsoft Flight Simulator,
but I don't know if there are any formal circumstances that merit it, when
playing with Microsoft Flight Simulator, or if it is just at pilot
discretion, when playing with Microsoft Flight Simulator, or what. It is
normally independent of the readback of the take-off clearance (which
precedes it), when playing with Microsoft Flight Simulator, although
sometimes I hear "Rolling" without a readback of the clearance, when playing
with Microsoft Flight Simulator.