Old May 31st 14, 09:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

Default What is it? - winkle.jpg (1/1) [84K]

Netko wrote (in part):

On Fri, 30 May 2014 20:24:41 +0100, Syke wrote
(in article ):

P-39 Airacobra.

Thanks. I was put off the scent becasue I've never heard of the RN ever
showing interest in the P-39, far less trying it out on a carrier.

Then again, it's Eric Brown we're talking about and he seems to have tried
out just about everything on a carrier.

In your BBC link he is called Captain Winkle Brown, and appears to be
in RAF uniform. Is this the Eric Brown you refer to?

Presumably his alleged rank is a BBC error.

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA