Old January 26th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris

Default Flarm with Firmware 1.20 update

Dan Marotta wrote:

That all sounds great except for the "mandatory" part. STAY THE HELL OUT
OF MY COCKPIT!

You Americans have a strange attitude to your freedom, even when your own
safety is involved. In Europe most glider clubs have accepted that Flarm is
a simple, working and affordable solution. The installation base is already
significant and rising. The system should be installed in each glider and
motor glider, it is mandatory to yourself, this must not be declared by some
government deparment.

Had a near miss myself last year. Flarm was working. I am not sure I had
seen the other if not equipped.

Save landings