Old January 10th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mitty

Default Extra Hold Depicted on Plate?

We are getting a brand new ILS 26 at KANE and I just downloaded the plate. The
miss is what I expected to see and is a hold at the GEP "Gopher" VOR a few miles
to the west. But there is also a hold depicted at the PNM NDB, which is a long
ways away. That hold is not mentioned on the plate.

I am wondering why it is there. My only guess is that it might be an alternate
hold that ATC could assign if things were busy at GEP. GEP is the FAF for at
least two other approaches and is on at least one STAR into KMSP.

Anyone?