Old January 6th 19, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
danlj

Default Taildragger Technique for Gliders

you don’t say what you are looking for.
1: my experience is that aviation insurance companies do not consider glider time to be “tail wheel time“.
I expect that this is because gliders don't want to swap ends while taxiing..
2: there are significant differences in ground controllability along gliders. Important factors include
A: whether the tail wheel is fixed, “steerable”, or castering
B: the degree of rudder and aileron authority at taxi speeds.
For example, a Blanik L-13 with a castering tailwheel retains rudder and aileron authority to extremely low speeds, and can be turned rather sharply with opposite aileron, simply not possible in a glider with a fixed tail wheel once that's on the ground.
Each glider had its own nuances.