Old November 3rd 05, 04:49 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Default Max RPM for constant speed

Newps wrote:

: Around xx rpm is as good as you can do. No way, no how with an aircraft
: engine do you set any one particular rpm and the governor keeps it
: precisely there. You will always have a minimum 15 rpm variance.

A friend with an Arrow has a electronic tach. It has a red light that
comes on at 2701 RPM. When he starts the takeoff roll he takes at least
5 seconds to push in full throttle to "prevent the engine overspeed
light from coming on". He also chases the tach constantly during the
takeoff and while flying. "I want 25"/2500, not 2505!" This is why I don't
have an electronic tach....
--
Aaron C.