Old February 27th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Mystery Vibration - 74 Cherokee 140

wrote:

Since you had a relationship with forward yoke pressure and the vibration,
check the stabilator. The bearings/bolts that hold it on are subject to wear and
corrosion... I replaced the two on mine. Grab the end of the stabilator and try to
pull it back/forth and up/down (without rotatating). It should not move at all... no
"tick-tick" back and forth.

I remember finding some play in the stab on my Seneca. So the shop
replaced the bushings. I am going to look in the tech logs to see if the
bolts were also done. If not, I'll have it done. It's a 83 model.
125,000 lp tensile strength on those bolts though I believe.

John