Old April 14th 04, 02:08 AM
Kyler Laird

(David B. Cole) writes:

My original plan was to finish the instrument rating and then do some
additional aerobatic training and a tailwheel endorsement before
starting the commercial. But for some reason, as I approach the end of
the instrument training, I've had an interest in doing the multi.

My interest was that I wanted to be able to fly my plane. I
did my MEL before my Instrument (and didn't get signed off for
multi-instrument for quite awhile).

I know that I wouldn't be able to rent due to insurance,

Are you sure? Where I trained, rental was available to pilots
after completing their multi training with that FBO.

nor do I know
if I'd really want to given the small number of hours I'd have by the
time I completed it. It would be one more opportunity to increase my
knowledge and skills.

'seems worthwhile.

And maybe I'd get asked to ride along with a few
pilots I know that are rated.

MEL safety pilots are handy to have available.

But does it make sense to do the multi before the Comm, and would I
receive more benefit from following my original plan?

I have no idea how it fits with your goals but I still don't
have my Commercial. I don't miss it. (However there are some
guys flying checks in Aztecs from here and that *does* sound
interesting...)

--kyler