Old September 21st 04, 05:07 PM
Bela

Based on Neil Green, my friend and fellow LS8 owner's work with brass
tubing, I built one from 3/4" PVC tubes. It is portable and comes
apart with a quick disconnect to fit into the back of a well loaded
SUV.
Mounted on a 16" square plywood platform is a vertical, about 1.5
meter tall PVC tube, with a faucet controlled, standard hose (T)
connection near the bottom. Above the hose intake is the another T
connection dimensioned such that the Rolladen supplied clear tubing
can be connected. The hight of this T connection is about the same as
the hight of the wing. The vertical PVC tube extends a little over
one meter above the wing through a quick disconnect for ease of
transport.
It's a two handed operation, one hand holds the Rolladen provided hose
to the wing water opening, the other controls water flow via the
faucet. For proper pressure there should be no water coming out at
the top of the PVC tube a little over one meter above the wing. Of
course I must pull the bird to a location where a water hose is
available.
All parts were purchased at a Home Depot with the help of a friendly
sales person, had the Rolladen tube with me to find the correct size
for the T connection for the outlet.
I could take a photo of it if my description is not enough.
Bela