Old January 31st 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default My first passenger

wrote in message
"Icebound" wrote:
Of course I had to pay him to get into the airplane,

.... snip...

Didn't mean this to sound like a lecture, but online scheduling and
multi-instructor schools can be advantageous and don't necessarily all
deserve a bad rap.

Congrats again ... have fun, fly safe.

Of course I am overstating the case, and all your points are well taken :-)

Perhaps one of the issues was, that in fact the school did not set up any
flights with other instructors, and the only supervisory flights were
pre-solo, primarily to confirm solo-privilege suitability. There would
probably have been another supervisory flight pre
flight-test-recommendation. Consequently certain things seem to have been
un-noticed... or treated as minor... and nobody ever said differently.

For one small example, I thought I was pretty careful about keeping the ball
centred and my instructor never commented in all that time. In fact I was
skidding in certain cases and not picking it up and my new instructor jumped
on me in the first 5 minutes that I was with him.