Old November 15th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
abripl

Default UV Smooth Prime

Rich,

Do you have data for anyone else using Acrylic Enamel top coats and
failing. There is got to be some chemistry here. Humidity? Lets see...
"the famous" failure case I know was in the humid east coast place. Is
the humidity a factor? In SD here humidity is low - especially in a
heated winter garage.

Richard Riley wrote:
On 13 Nov 2006 20:47:35 -0800, "abripl" wrote:

I applied UVSP on my composite in 2003 and toped it with PPG Acrylic
Urethane. No problem so far. My guess is that the combo of UVSP with
the same company Top Gloss had problems.

There are many reports of UVSP having problems under other top coats
as well. I personally know of failures (bubbles filled with ooze)
under Sterling LP, Imron and Chromasystems topcoats. It looks to be
about a 15-25% failure rate.