Old May 4th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Peter Dohm

Default Canard or Mooney

"Linton Yarbrough" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 May 2008 23:12:53 +0800, Stealth Pilot wrote:

On Sat, 3 May 2008 12:35:13 -0400, Linton Yarbrough
wrote:

I don't get the reason for the Cozy or the Velocity (which isn't selling
anyway) from the standpoint of speed, comfort, etc. The $$$ come out the
same for the most part and you don't have composite issues or trouble
getting things fixed. Pusher/tractor preferences aside, am I missing
something that would or does make one of the canards a better purchase?

not necessarily.
you only get the performance figures *after* you've built the design
and flown it.
aviation is littered with designs that looked promising but werent.

Stealth Pilot

To make matters worser, I can't build one so I have to take someone
else's work. but the numbers of successful Cozys is a testament to
the design. plus, you get to install a rotary-Wankel; this is good?

I dunno. For an assortment of reasons, I have not been hanging around the
local airport for the past couple of years. But the one builder that I knew
who actually started flying a Wankel powered Cozy MkIV finally gave up and
switched to a Lycoming O-360. From what I have heard, he was unsuccessful
at cooling the Wankel; but the Lycoming is running without problems.

The only recommendations that I can make are to look/ask on
rec.aviation.homebuilt and also on the canard forum. (I have forgoten what
the canard forum is really called and/or where it is located, but someone on
R.A.H will be sure to know.)

Peter