Old December 21st 05, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Anyone See "Scary Mary" Schiavo on TV today Miami crash?

In article ,
"Kyle Boatright" wrote:

I walked by a TV this afternoon and one of the talking head networks was
interviewing Mary Schiavo about yesterday's crash. In essence, she
condemned 50 year old aircraft ("They should be in museums") and discussed
"serious corrosion" and "metal fatigue" among other likely problems
associated with this crash. Certainly those *could* be causes of the crash,
but the pre-breakup fire was probably indicative of an engine or fuel system
problem.

It really bothers me when someone who should know better throws around wild
speculation about a crash. Of course, she isn't called "Scary Mary" because
she excercises a lot of personal restraint.

You have to keep in mind what profession she is in and who she works
for/with (in addition to her self-promotion for personal gain).