Old April 14th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Big Iron pilot made young boys day!

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
"Chris Ehlbeck" wrote in message
. ..
Just a thanks to ALL pilots that make a young person's dreams come true.

SNIP

Chris,

Great, great, great story!!

I know for a fact that I fly today because "back in the day" some ATP took
the time to do something similar for me when I was a child.

BTW, it doesn't end with adulthood. Just a couple of months ago, I was in
1st class on an AmWest flight with my AOPA hat on, the Capt noticed it and
after some happy chat, asked me if I'd like to see the flight deck of the
757 that is painted up in AZ Cardinals colors. I damn near killed the guy
next to me bolting out of my seat.

Got to sit in the left seat and had a really nice 20-25 minute BS session
with the FO as he was finishing up entering data into the FMS.

Who me? Grow Up?? Never!!

Thanks for sharing the tale.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL (and child at heart...)
Chandler, AZ

Indeed - I'm glad the tradition lives on! I still have my "BOAC Junior Jet
Club Log Book" logging my flight from London to KORD on a Super VC-10 (23
Jan 1972, seat 12A!) I'd sure like to know what became of Capt. signature
unreadable... I believe I also got a cockpit tour in flight at age 11!

Bruce Riggs
KADS