Old October 17th 19, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default History Question About U.S. Tasking

If memory serves me, it was in the late 1990’s, I remember a contestant at Uvalde telling me, “we better put a stop to this, right now”. The real death of “call it in the morning and never change” was Tonopah where contestants were forced to fly through 2 thunderstorms that were obvious before the gate was opened. I have absolutely no problem with changing a bad task and shamelessly chase the Cu’s, as Charlie would often say (and do).
JJ