Old April 29th 04, 08:35 AM
Gunnar

"John Cook" skrev i melding

Actually, the military favours the Eurofighter. The favour for the JSF

was
of the political kind.
Typically from the right side in politics ( Krohn Devold ).

Interesting!!, where did you get that information from, I thought none
of that sort of information was made public?.

I admitt to be slightly incorrect after checking my (public) sources.

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2002/06/14/337923.html
Link, but in norwegian.

The link says that an expert commision ( not, the military directly. I do
not know the composition of this commision, but it was put together by the
defencedepartment ) decided to go for the Eurofighter, but Krohn Devold
overruled it in favour of the JSF. It also speculates that she was "scared"
by the US to go for the JSF.

It was in the news two years ago...

All the best..
Gunnar