Old December 3rd 05, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Cirrus demo

"john smith" wrote in message
In the pattern, the airplane is easy to manage. The Cirrus guy had me
fly
100-90-80 on downwind-base-final. The roundout altitude takes some
getting
used to. I tended to round out high my first couple of times. After
that, I
found the Cirrus quite easy to land.

What speed did you fly the ILS? Power? Configuration?

I enjoyed the SR-22, but I think I will decline the opportunity to buy an
airplane that costs twice as much as my house. When I get '87D sold,
I'll be
in the market for a nice used Bonanza or 210.

Thanks, Dan! You have re-affirmed my affection for the 182, 210 and
Bonanza. Just think how many more airports are available to you with
these airplanes.

According to Raytheon and Cirrus the current Bonanza take more runway than
the SR22. According to
http://www.risingup.com/planespecs/i...rplane97.shtml
they both use about the same runway distance

Mike
MU-2