Old February 22nd 05, 10:46 PM
jsmith

I am not landing in Canada. Additionally, I am not using Canadian ATC
nor NavCanada, so I don't incur the quarterly fee.

Nathan Young wrote:
OK - I'll bite. How do you get around this?
§ 91.707 Flights between Mexico or Canada and the United States.
Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, no person may operate a civil
aircraft between Mexico or Canada and the United States without filing
an IFR or VFR flight plan, as appropriate.
Further, I believe Canada's version of the FAA (NavCanada?) requires
VFR flightplans for VFR flights not in the locale of the originating
airport.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:13:15 GMT, Eric Rood wrote:
No you don't. I fly from Columbus OH to Marysville MI, crossing Lake
Erie, Ontario and Lake St Clair, VFR without talking to anyone.

Nathan Young wrote:
You need to be on a flightplan to cross the border. The IFR
flightplan will cover that.