Old February 23rd 04, 04:08 PM
George Z. Bush

Dave Holford wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote:

AIR, the "dew line" was established to give us 20 minutes notice of inbound
Soviet missiles, wasn't it? If so, I think the actual time when MAD became
our joint policies would have been in the middle fifties, or perhaps even a
little bit earlier, to coincide with our government having learned that the
Soviets had stolen our nuclear secrets and were acting on them.

George Z.

The DEW line was for air-breathers (bombers in those days) now replaced
by North Warning.

BMEWS (Ballistic Missile Warning System) was the missile warning system
based in Alaska, Greenland and the U.K.

Picky! Picky! So when did BMEWS become operational? We're trying to figure out
when MAD became the joint policies of the US and the USSR. You got any input?

George Z.

Dave