Old February 26th 21, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

Dave Nadler wrote on 2/25/2021 5:07 PM:
On 2/24/2021 11:22 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
...Electric isn't the coming thing any mo it's here. The next milestone will be passed
when they start selling more electrics than ICEs.

Eric, you've been drinking the Cool-Aid.
As I did once.
You're bringing your new electric machine to the Seniors, right?
And I do mean THIS year...

Even on the original, pre-Covid schedule, it would not have been ready for the Seniors. And
consider this: my current motorglider, the ASH26E, was delivered a year late by Schleicher, so
by that standard, GP still has until Feb. 2022 to get the new glider to me :^)

There are a lot of FES gliders out there now, and with all the manufacturers offering them,
there will be many more. The more powerful electrics with mast mounted propellers are also
offered by all the manufacturers, and many pilots that think the FES gliders are appealing but
marginal will be ordering these new gliders.

I think you will see a lot of Kool-Aid drinkers behind the Schleicher, Schempp-Hirth, and
Jonkers booths at the SSA convention in 2022, all offering what you saw - and desired - in the
Antares years ago. They won't make the same mistakes that Lange made.