Old May 22nd 05, 02:06 PM
C. J. Clegg

On 21 May 2005 14:08:11 -0700, "Ben Hallert"
wrote:

It's not a big deal, but I like hitting them with the standard format
and getting my briefing, and at the same time, I don't want to be rude.

Is there some better way I can ask for the briefing that'll let me do
it the way I used to without sounding like a prick?

Good morning, Ben.

If I'm going to file a flight plan with the briefer, in my
introduction I'll say something like...

"This is N12345 at Podunk International, I have a flight plan for you
and then I'd like a standard briefing, please."

If I'm not going to file a flight plan, or if I filed it on DUATS,
I'll say something like...

"This is N12345 at Podunk International, VFR from Podunk to East
Nowhere at 7500 feet, departing 1600 Zulu, request a standard briefing
please."

Either of those seems to work well wherever I tried it.

CJ