Old December 25th 20, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

Default Ed Byars

On Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 12:11:32 PM UTC-6, wrote:
It is with great sadness that the Byars family announces the passing of Ed Byars known to many as simply "Echo Delta". He passed peacefully Thursday morning of natural causes.

Being a private and modest man, I don't believe he would want much posted here, but note the following:
* Co-founder with Bill Holbrook of the Soaring Symposia, a training and information sharing organization in the 1960s through the 1980s.
* Member of the SSA hall of fame
* Former Chairman of the SSA
* Dedicated competition and sport soaring pilot
* Mentor to many, friend to all

I know he would want you to remember him privately in your own way.

Guy Byars

Ed was one of the Greats! "Mentor to many, friend to all", yes he was. No finer gentleman ever strapped on a glider. We will miss him terribly.