Old December 25th 20, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

Default Ed Byars

On Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 1:11:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
It is with great sadness that the Byars family announces the passing of Ed Byars known to many as simply "Echo Delta". He passed peacefully Thursday morning of natural causes.

Being a private and modest man, I don't believe he would want much posted here, but note the following:
* Co-founder with Bill Holbrook of the Soaring Symposia, a training and information sharing organization in the 1960s through the 1980s.
* Member of the SSA hall of fame
* Former Chairman of the SSA
* Dedicated competition and sport soaring pilot
* Mentor to many, friend to all

I know he would want you to remember him privately in your own way.

Guy Byars

Ed was one of the finest people I have ever known.
Always kind and wise
Dry sense of humor
Giving of experience, wisdom, and knowledge.
My favorite saying of Ed's- "What is the most important aircraft in your life? The next one"
He is one of a kind and will be missed greatly.
UH