Old April 25th 04, 12:03 AM
Rich S.

"DL152279546231" wrote in message
Anyone know of a good source for metric measuring tools suitable for

building a
sheet metal airplane such as Zenith's 601XL? Planning to check Sears or
possibly Walmart. I figure I need a steel tape measure and ruler, and

possibly
a metric square with level assuming one with metric is sold here...

Suggest you most emphatically DO NOT buy your measuring tools at Wal-Mart,
unless they are of known name-brand quality. I have an aluminum meter stick
from the Wal which is, indeed, one meter long. But the millimeter marks are
off by up to as much as 2 mm in the middle. It appears to have been
photographically reproduced with a skewed lens.

Rich S.