Old October 22nd 05, 07:16 PM
Carl Orton

Default Carbon Monoxide Detector?

I use the same one as Jay - AeroMedix. Love the sensitivity.

Why battery over the "dots"? Allegedly the dots wear out over time (OK - so
do batteries), but more because I value my life. Plus, being an engineer,
it's fun to play around with it. In the winter with all the vents closed up,
it's amazing to see how much CO comes in from the tailcone area. Just
cracking a vent or cabin air or heat just a bit to produce positive pressure
almost instantly removes the issue.

"Morgans" wrote in message
Another informal survey.

How many of you have, and use a battery powered Carbon Monoxide Detector
when you fly?

Why, or why not?
--
Jim in NC