Old June 5th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Darrel Toepfer

Default Gasohol

"Tri-Pacer" wrote:

Sportys used to sell a test kit that contained a chemical that would
turn purple if added to a fuel sample that was gasahol.

I have no idea of what the chemical was. It was a very easy to test
the fuel. They claim that their supplier no longer exists. I bought a
bunch of the kits and have about 1/2 a vial of the chemical left.

I sure would like to know what the reagent is that was used.

Less than $3 a tube...

http://www.rectorseal.com/index.php?...product_id=163

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT...MT4NO=23640151

https://pe.cenex.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=468

http://www.icrc.org/emergency-
items/Volume1/07TRA/315TVECFUELWDTC/315TVECFUELWDTC.htm

http://www.rectorseal.com/index.php?...product_id=162