Old August 3rd 03, 02:32 PM

Steve Waltner wrote:

I just got back from Oshkosh, and as normal, the rotorcraft contingent
was very small. I did see a short flight demo of the Mosquito
http://www.innovatortech.ca/ helicopter, which is a true ultralight
helicopter.

I went to that web site. I was expecting to see a stripped down
helicopter, however, it looks like they have a stripped down pilot as
well. Perhaps they should give the guy some pants or a blanket or
something. Its kind of disgusting.

It looks like a nicely designed helicopter. However, the AW95 is much
cheaper. I think that the secret to getting the AW95 under the 254
pound limit is to use a titanium rotor shaft. The AW95 has a much
more substantial frame that weighs more.

In either case, I suspect that any lightweight helicopter is going to
be a bear to fly. I say this because of my limited experience in
Robinson R22s. When they are heavy, they are nicely cooperative.
When they are light, they misbehave.

Dennis H.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A Recession is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A Depression is when YOU are out of work.
A Recovery is when all the H1-B's are out of work."
(An H-1B is someone who is brought into the USA to replace
American workers at a fraction of the wage.)