Old November 14th 20, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default New Google Groups format

jp wrote on 11/13/2020 7:44 PM:
On Friday, November 13, 2020 at 6:33:10 PM UTC-8, kinsell wrote:
On 11/13/20 6:59 PM, jp wrote:
On Friday, November 13, 2020 at 5:44:19 PM UTC-8, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 17:33:39 -0800, Stu Venters wrote:

Is there a good free one?
Eternal-September, http://www.eternal-september.org/
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

I've given up on Thunderbird. Clearly I have no idea how to set it up as a newsreader for rec.aviation.soaring and I am too dumb to understand the fragmentary (for me) help.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sgroup-account

Similar to configuring an email account.

I have read that support document and tried to follow it but had no success.. For one thing, I guess I don't know what to put in for the name of the rec.aviation.soaring newsgroup. I put in rec.aviation.soaring, tried , and a few other guesses but none apparently worked. I'm likely screwing it up somehow on my Mac.

I use this for the location: