Old June 24th 04, 06:07 AM
Matt Whiting

Harry K wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote in message ...

Richard Lamb wrote:

In the aftermath of the Apollo 1 fire, NASA took a year (and $75 mil)
to redesign the space craft, mature their mental attitudes, and yes,
did come back with a much safer vehicle.

Yes, but I still wonder how anyone in their right might would use a
nearly pure oxygen atmosphere in a vehicle full of humans and electrical
equipment...

Matt

If the Russians had just informed us of their loss due to the same
problem earlier it may not have happened.

That's the lamest excuse I've heard lately. If we hadn't made a stupid
design decision it wouldn't have happened. Who knows, maybe we were
copying the Russians.

Matt