Old April 18th 05, 02:15 PM
RNR

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:09:13 GMT, Nathan Young
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:24:44 -0400, RNR
wrote:

About one month ago, I emailed Garmin tech support about a problem
that I was having updating the operating software in my 196.
Fortunately, I also posted here and I received an immediate response
which solved my problem. My concern is that I never got any response
from Garmin. Is this typical? If so, I'd hate to have a serious
issue that rendered the unit useless. Doesn't exactly inspire
confidence.
Rich Russell

I called Garmin tech support for a 'No Sats Tracked' issue on my 295,
and had an answer and workaround (hard reset) within 10 minutes.

Thanks to all. I learned one thing, next time I'll call instead of
emailing.
Rich Russell