Old December 12th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

Default IFR Cancellation Question

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ps.com:

A Lieberma wrote:

This was based on MY eperiences, quite frankly spelled out in another
post.

I never said that somebody told me the above.

I must have missed that post. In the message where you declared a
visual approach shuts down an uncontrolled field until the aircraft
cancels IFR you spoke of an unrelated experience when you arrived in
IMC. So what was the experience that led to your erroneous
conclusion?

It was probably my mixing apples with oranges, thinking that the IMC
approaches where I couldn't get a SVFR clearance back to MBO (2 times I
tried this) so I could do a visual approach.

Controller said he was unable because the preceding traffic did not cancel
IFR.

Allen