Old August 15th 18, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Flying with Parachutes

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 9:24:55 AM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote on 8/13/2018 7:36 PM:
wrote on 8/13/2018 7:13 PM:
Having a chute needing one not having one

Yeah, yeah. I know. I screwed that one up. Sorry.

Better to have a chute and not need it than to need one and not have it.

I was always better at English than Math. Thank God for free apps.

In 5 minute, I was able to recall 7 pilots I know/knew whose lives were saved
by parachuting from their glider. I can't remember any pilots that were saved
by seat belts in their cars. So, if you know me, please wear a parachute,
because there is a good chance you will need to bail out of a glider, and I
don't want to lose any friends.

Correction: I do know a glider pilot that survived a car crash due to seat belts,
so the score is...

Parachutes: 7
Seat belts: 1

I was in a car crash and was wearing a sear belt. It was pretty dramatic: I slid under a moving semi at high velocity.

Tom