Old October 24th 12, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Remote thermal detection

On Oct 23, 5:03*pm, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:26:38 PM UTC-4, Bill D wrote:
http://www.accurateshooter.com/optic...ar-laserscope/

I expect that this technology will be deployed on Skynet Drones (UAVs) before it reaches sailplanes.

I did some consulting work for a small company making VR headgear to
be used for training purposes. I mentioned to him about the
possibility of tweaking the device so that it would pick up
"thermals". He seemed to think it could be done.

Of course the display would need to be re-designed for our use, but it
sure would be cool. I suspect it isn't too far on the tech horizon for
us glider guiders.

Brad