Old July 17th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix

Default Master cylinders

In article ,
Stealth Pilot wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:33:58 -0700, Steve Hix
wrote:

In article ,
Stealth Pilot wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:40:17 -0700, wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Ernest Christley wrote:

Excellent post, Stealth, except avoid the red aviation fluid. Well,
some
of
the red aviation fluid. The stuff is fairly flammable.

What about using plain old DOT3 automotive brake fluid? It's cheap,
available everywhere, and non-flammable.

absolutely not.
it is the wrong chemistry for the o-rings.
and being hydroscopic

Hygroscopic (literally "water seeking") is something that readily
absorbs water (usually from the atmosphere). Like some salts, or some
types of brake fluid.

Hydroscopic refers to an instrument used for making observations of
underwater objects.

Don't blame me, blame the Greeks, they had a word for everything.

Now we resume our regular programming...

/pedant

pedantic - the antics of a pedant??

yes muffed it but we understand each other.
Stealth Pilot

I has been a techinical writer for about 30 years. Sometimes I can't
he'p myself.