Old July 17th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Master cylinders

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Stealth Pilot wrote:

but what of the corrosion to the polished face of the cylinder the
o-ring mates to?

Why do you think corrosion will be a problem in an airplane, when it's not
a problem in cars if the brake fluid is changed occasionally? DOT 3 brake
fluid has additives that deal with the water absorption, so corrosion is
only an issue if additives are overwhelmed because the brake fluid never
gets changed.

I'll have non corrosive over cheap any day.

As will we all, if that's the question. But the question at hand is
somewhat different -- VERY flammable vs. slightly flammable. The fluid
you use is VERY flammable, and has a very low flash point. That's your
choice, of course, but I'll go with the slightly flammable stuff with a
higher flash point.