Old August 6th 03, 12:40 AM
David Reinhart

The news report I heard was that he was circling and coming *back* to the
airport. It sounds like he was shooting the VOR approach instead of the
ILS. We had a very similar accident up here in MA recently where a King
Air pilot saw the runway too late and dumped it in while trying to
circle. Both airspeed indicators were needle-slapped at below 70 knots.

Dave Reinhart

Martin wrote:

I live in CT, weather was scattered but bad at the time (low clouds,
scat tstorms). Dunno how it could have happened though, a jet as well
equipt (and probably well piloted) as a LearJet should be, seems odd,
coming down over a half mile short of the runway. Sadly awaiting the
word on what went wrong.