Old October 21st 05, 04:53 AM
Yofuri

Default losing your wings.....

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message

Greasy Rider© @ invalid.com wrote in
news:koofl1hirk309hqcfb9esupckiuqls8bun@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:39:19 -0700, "Mike Kanze"
postulated :

Did my generation do these stupid stunts? Hell, yes. (Even in A-6s.) Were
our actions any "better" than this young man's? Hell, no.

A-5s out of Oceana used to make bomb runs on the Kerr Lake dam which
is on the VA/NC border. I've been in one of the campgrounds and you
could almost count the rivets on the Grumman Iron.

Didn't you really mean A-6s? Viggies are North American Iron, formerly out
of
somewhere in Jawja.

North American in Georgia? Not in my lifetime (nor before the, IIRC)...

KB

Built at Columbus, OH, based at NAS Albany, GA. Purtiest airframe the
Navy ever bought, with no ailerons, elevator or rudder.

http://www.bobjellison.com/RA5C_Vigilante.htm

Rick