Old April 7th 04, 03:25 PM
Bert Willing

I run an Ipaq 3950 - no problems with visibility at all.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"G.Kurek" a écrit dans le message de
om...
"Ted Wagner" wrote in message

ews.com...
1. I have an iPaq series 55xx and I can't make out the display outdoors,

or
in the cockpit. (Yes, I have the brightness set to max.) Is this typical

of
iPaqs? Are the older iPaqs brighter? Do I have an "off" unit?

I use Ipaq 3970 with Anywhere map, as for the usage in Cezznaz the
dammed thing is shaking so much that I'm not able to see anything
anyhow, but I don't recall having problems in the glider where I don't
use any brightness and I'm able to see it (on sunny days), I thought
that brightness on mine is more than enough.

2. What hardware do I need to connect the iPaq to my LX5000 to use the
Downloader program? (Note: My glider already has a Pocket PC mount, in

which
the iPaq gets power and a connection to the LX5000 for the GPS stream.

But
it doesn't work for Downloader. I want to connect the iPaq to the 5-pin
instrument panel serial connection so I can download the .igc files to

the
iPaq.)

Advance thanks --

ted/2NO