Old March 13th 05, 05:18 PM
mindenpilot

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Strangely enough, that is what I *DID* for a living when Spectral Dynamics
was the industry leader in machinery diagnostics. Unfortunately, my job
was the circuit design, not the diagnostics itself, so all I concerned
myself with was the black box that took a defined input and produced a
defined output. There are times I wish that I had transferred to the
applications department. They were the ones that seemed to have the most
fun (and the most three martini Friday lunches).

Jim

LOL.
I've been an engineer designing in the dark many times.
Fortunately at Bently, there is a large effort to train engineers in
diagnostics.
Then we can use personal experience in addition to requirements documents
when designing a new product.
Or, at least, we can determine if requirements make sense!

Adam