Old April 5th 05, 05:05 PM
Wallace Berry

In article ,
Roger wrote:

Sorry if this shows up multiple times, but my (Charter's) news server
has gone screwey again.

We have some turf wars going on and it looks like the pilots may be
the losers.

It seems to me that these sort of problems occur on 100% of small
municipal airports here in the U.S. Almost always due to someone wanting
all the taxpayer subsidized marbles for themselves. Someone wants to be
the sole fuel supplier, the only FBO, the exclusive flight school on the
field. Doesn't matter that there are regs against "anti-competitive"
practices on government supported airports. The jerks who always want to
make "their" airfield and keep all the busines for themselves can't see
that activity begets activity. Put a fast food restaurant or gas station
out by itself. It will fail. Put it on a strip with a dozen others and
they all thrive.

Oh, and God help you if you are conspicuously having fun...

--
Take out the airplane for reply