Old May 6th 04, 02:18 PM

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On Wed, 5 May 2004 22:18:13 -0500, "Stan Prevost"
wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that either is standard procedure, and I'm quite sure
neither is. I was just speculating that, given the combination of factors
in this approach, the particular chart designer may have acted within the
scope of his charting discretion to chart the PT barb at a logical point,
even though the exact placement has no regulatory meaning.

Stan

Fair enough.

In that case, my interpretation would be that it is there only by chance.

The Interagency Air Cartographic Committee's manual states under plan-view
specifications::

"The procedure turn shall be shown by a barb symbol as indicated on the
appenices. The barb shall be a half arrowhead .10" long and .05" wide positioned
on the maneuvering side. Inbound and outbound 45 degree off-course bearing
values (a directional arrow with the inbound value only) shall be shown on either
side of the procedure turn barb in solid color. The chart legend describing this
feature shall indicate that the use of these values is not mandatory."