Old January 8th 04, 12:29 AM
Mike Marron

(OXMORON1) wrote:
Mike Marron noted and asked:

The original poster asked a reasonable question and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

How could the USAF or USN be held responsible for dropping the ball?
The intelligence community as a whole bears responsibility in individual areas.
It is not necessarily the function of military intelligence to cover domestic
and other intelligence areas.
Military intelligence applies to military functions, not the goings on of
people running around in Florida taking flying lessons or infiltrating the
national borders. Those areas were not in the jurisdiction of military
intelligence at the time.
The military drawdown after the collapse of the threats of the earlier cold war
were not the fault of military intelligence. You can't keep constant air
patrols without money and people.
The a/c on 9/11 did not penetrate US airspace from outside the country. They
were launched and taken over within our borders.

Nothing new here, I'm afraid.