Old January 8th 04, 12:52 AM
Mike Marron

"Pete" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote

The original poster asked a reasonable question

Reasonable? As written, this troll is more along the lines of "When did you
stop beating your wife?"

Of course you're correct. Let's disregard the manner in which the
question was asked (the original poster asked, "Why was the USAF stood
down on 9/11?") and simply ask instead something along the lines of;
"Why was the USAF unable to prevent 9/11?"

and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Really. So what should have been done differently? How could the USAF have
prevented it? Feel free to use any of the available timelines depicting the
morning of 9/11.

I'm the one asking the questions, here. You have to take into
consideration my other comments (not merely the one paragraph
above to which you've responded).

Once again, I said:

************************************************** *******************

The original poster asked a reasonable question and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Don't get me wrong, I realize that after the wall came down in 1989
the USAF didn't have fighters sitting at the ready all over the U.S.
pre-armed with missiles and pilots just waiting to shoot down domestic
airliners that have been hijacked by "Islamic ****s" ($1 to Juvat).

Having said that, to this day I too am confounded by the apparent
ineptness of the USAF (and especially the American intelligence
community) both of whom utterly failed to prevent the apocalyptic
death and destruction of 9/11.

Nowadays, when we're told of F-16's and -15's flying CAP over
major U.S. cities post-9/11 -- the first thing that springs to mind is
the old adage, "Closing the barn door after the horse has gotten
out..."