Old January 25th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default C of A for export DA-40

DA-40HOP schreef:
does anyone knows who could obtain the CofA of for export for a DA-40 in
Canada? Any ideea about the cost?
What about the cost of loading and shipping - and if anybody knows a
good forwarder!

Far from considering myself an authority, I should think that a CofA is
delivered by the national authority concerned - Canadian in this case -
upon request by "whom it may interest" plus payment of their fees. If it
has not been done by the plane builder or their local agent (if any)
your only option would be to go for it yourself - which might prove
expensive.

Perhaps you could consider flying it on a foreign registration, probably
its current? That is common practice in certain European countries,
especially for IFR-certified planes.

As for the forwarder: I don't know any, but you might get useful answers
if you tell us from where to where the plane should go, more or less.
Chicago to Toronto is much different from Cape Town to Vancouver, you know.