Old March 11th 04, 06:29 AM
rnf2

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:03:15 -0000, "Jim Doyle"
wrote:

It looks like Putin will run unpposed. I guess most candiadates realized

the
elction is rigged so why bother. All the radio and TV stations are ordered
to play only pro-Putin Propaganda.
Putin's files will be divulged in about 50 years or so.

I doesn't seem Putin will run unopposed, and I find it hard to believe that
a strong willed and principled candidate will just drop from the contest
(without some gentle persuasion!). This said, I saw an article in The Times
(UK) today regarding his control of the media - I had no idea that was the
case. However, Putin doesn't seem to be purging away with Stalin's gusto; I
guess he's got a lot of catching up to do.

He''s had alot of his oppodents and their backers chased around on
trumped up charges while his backers whith the same corrupt practices
are being sheltered... a bit like bush/cheney and halliburton I
suppose...