Old June 18th 18, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Vinyl Numbers

For years I've prepped the area by buffing to remove wax and contaminants, then centered the numbers and started in the middle. Just to find numerous bubbles trapped under the Vinal........Ugh!!! This morning I buffed the area to apply new COBRA decal to a trailer, wiped the area with a towel and was about to tape on the Vinyl when the low sun angle disclosed little lint balls everywhere! I had imparted a charge to the surface by buffing it. I gave it a few minutes to disparate, then wiped away everything with my hand and guess what? NO BUBBLES!
JJ